Are you a self-motivated, talented person ready to take on new challenges?
We are looking for an individual with supportive approach to join our vibrant team to work on health and safety aspects.
You will have an interest in health & safety in the manufacturing environment, managing and training diverse workforce as well as data and record management of H&S systems. This role is an opportunity for you to put into practice your expertise to date. You will also have a chance to develop your skills and knowledge to become a H&S professional while working on a range of real projects in a supportive environment.
You will be supporting our non-technical team understanding the compliance and H&S systems and finding ways to ease their working, as well as supporting technical and senior team towards development and management of the improvements. You will be based at our office/factory location.
Deluxe Beds Ltd is a family-run business manufacturing beds, mattresses, bases and headboards from the mill in the heart of the Yorkshire Pennines. Combining traditional craftsman skills with cutting edge technology, we are now recognized as one of the leading bed manufacturers in the UK. Our team at the moment consists of over 100 people.
- Have a relevant graduate degree (business/ operations, manufacturing, mechanical engineering etc.)
- Be self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Be a ‘people person’ who works well in a team
- Have already developed a keen interest in H&S and have desire to learn and become an established H&S personal
- Have good understanding of IT and be confident in using routine IT packages and online user systems
- Have excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Have equality and diversity understanding and experience
What We Prefer:
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- NEBOSH, IOSH or other H&S related professional qualifications
- First Aid at work/ emergency first aid/ fire marshal/ fire awareness or related trainings
- Forklift licence
- Multilingual specifically Asian or Arabic languages or dialects
- Experience of conducting Toolbox Talks
- Experience of utilizing visual systems for training
- Manual handling training
- Experience and understanding of conducting risk assessments
- Excellent stakeholders’ skills to communicate with relevant bodies and suppliers to discuss technical issues.
What Can We Offer?
The Successful Candidate Will Enjoy:
- £25,000 per annum (pro rata) negotiable (we work 40 hours a week)
- On the job training provided
- A wide variety of future opportunities for career progression
- Being part of a vibrant, diverse team